Saturday, January 25, 2014

Blame it On the Altitude

        So this is a little out of order due to some technical problems I had with the last post of this. On the 6th, we went to Mt. Pichincha and took the teleferico, or a cable car, up to the top. Mt. Pichincha is a volcano in the middle of Quito that tops out at about 13,000ft. That's over twice as high as Denver, so needless to say, there is a lot of wheezing to take place while walking around. There are literally, clouds, rolling by your feet. They view is impeccable and the city is actually a blur. It's, again, one of the most beautiful places I've been, despite the terrifying teleferico ride up the top (I'm not the biggest fan of heights.) So basically, I sat in the middle looking up the volcano so I wouldn't notice how far we had moved until we got to the top.















I think this was a much needed touristy break and after this we managed to make it back down the teleferico before it started DOWN POURING. It wasn't just rain, it was torrential. The streets were flooded and it was all done within an hour. We were able to go back to the hotel for some rest and relaxation. I think a lot of people where still pretty tired from all the travel. After dinner, we headed back to Casa de La Danza for some more future exhibit planning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment